Skip to main content

Write...

Hello, everyone! Lol this is a bit awkward after not writing here for so long. It just hard to pour what's in my mind nowadays to a writing because... I don't know. Maybe it is the effect of growing up. I tend to keep things to my heart or maybe posted it on twitter only for it to be deleted later. But well, today I'm going to write something useful. I don't know if people want to read because this blog is not that well known and maybe appear if anyone need something from my page (?) 
So let's begin. What I want to write in this post is actually something I rant about the other day. Maybe because I am frustated lol. I just want to share some plotting technique which I used since I started writing when I was 14. Many people find it difficult to plot their story when they already have their main idea, their main character... well, basically how the story goes. But the story must have a perfect storyline to make it interesting. Hence it is important to know the technique to plot a story. 
I am used to write story with drama, romance and comedy as the genre. I can say, I am good with it lol what is this. Of course, to write a story with drama you have to have; a conflict or maybe a few, depends on how long you wish to write it. Make sure to have the details of the conflict too, such as the character involved, how and why it happened.
I tend to use 'fill in the blank' method when plotting. So when I have the conflict, I'll put it at the center of the page. So the sequence will be introduction, conflict and ending. In the middle of the introduction and conflict, you need to fill scenes that will lead to the conflict. You can decide the characters too for story development. And remember! Use 5W1H to fill in the blank. Trust me, it helps you to create a perfect storyline. No one would dare question you this and that coz you are gonna answer all their questions. This goes to the space between the conflict and the ending too. 
Next, I hate cliche ideas because I read a lot. I always find the same scene of how people confess, propose, kiss, kill, threaten people. It is such a turn off. So I try so hard to come up with rare scene. How to get a non-cliche idea? I think you need to open up to your surrounding and people around you. Make friends, analyze their characteristic and take some interesting story from them. As example, I have a friend who kind of panic when she wanted to meet her boyfriend for the first time. She ended up slapping him. That was so hillarious, I end up using it in my story. This such thing happen in real life and kind of rare, I take it. Aside from that, my friends are so funny and they talk and imagine nonsense things. They have weird dream too. So I make use of that by changing it a bit to fix my plot. Easy, right?
Okay, let's talk about character now. From my opinion, you have to love your characters and try to be them so that you know what they would do with the personality you gave them. If they ever change in the story, make sure to give good reason on how and why they change so that it won't bother the reader. If you have too many characters, make sure to mark each of them with permanent characteristic for reader to remember them. As example, this guy is a nerd. Make sure to write how he loves book or study or library. Something like that. I'm sure many people can do that. 
Some other element such as plot twist and cliffhanger are good too but be careful not to disappoint your reader so much. It's interesting though, to make them frustated by the cliffhanger. Hehehe. I tried it once. 
So this what I got to share with all of you. If you have any questions, (as if anyone read this lol) just contact me through my twitter @NanazDaira or my Asianfanfics account, NanazDaira. See you next time for more ranting! (I hope so)